Makes: 6 big/12 small serves
Whole meal self-rising flour – 1 cup
Sugar – ½ to ¾ cup (depending on sweetness levels)
Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
Dark chocolate chips (or) chopped chocolate – ¼ cup Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
Rice bran oil (or) sunflower oil – ½ cup
Water – 1/3 cup
Yogurt – ¼ cup
Milk - ¼ cup
- Add all the dry ingredients to a wide bowl one by one.
- Mix in a together until no lumps and combined.
- Make a well in the center and add in the yogurt, oil, water and mix together with a spatula or a wooden spoon, ensure that there are no lumps.
- Add in the milk, mix well again.
- Grease a micro-safe round container with oil and pour the mixed ingredients onto this.
- Cook in microwave for approximately 7½ mins (My microwave is 1100 Watts so adjust timings according to the wattage of your microwave).
- Allow a standing time of 5 minutes.
- A skewer/toothpick inserted comes out clean indicating that the cake is fully baked.
- Remove from the microwave and allow to cool completely.
- Allow the cake to cool completely and slice using a greased knife.
- Serve as such or with vanilla ice cream.