Makes: 10 -12 Idiyappams
Idiyappam rice flour or Rice flour – 2 cups
Boiled water – 3 cups
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- Boil water with salt in a wide non stick kadai.
- Dry roast if using rice flour for 4 to 5 minutes in low flame, this is the most important step in making otherwise the idiyappam tends to stick to each other.
- Add rice flour & mix well immediately.
- Remove from flame & allow cooling.
- Just when the mixture is warm add a teaspoon of coconut oil & knead with hands nicely.
- Consistency should be very soft but not watery. (Otherwise pressing would require too much pressure)
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Press onto idli plates & steam until the idli cooker whistles.
- Serve hot with white vegetable korma.