Makes : 4 serves
Cauliflower – 1 flower
Oil – to deep fry
Besan (kadalai maavu) – 1 ½ cups
Rice flour – ½ cup
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Sambar powder – ½ teaspoon
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets.
- Boil the cauliflower water for 2 to 3 minutes with turmeric powder & ½ teaspoon of salt added to it.
- Drain excess water & run the boiled florets through cool water.
- Mix rice flour, besan, chilli powder, sambar powder, 1 teaspoon of salt together without lumps.
- Add water and make a paste neither too thick nor too thin.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the mixture & deep fry.
- Serve hot, would be a delight for a rainy day.