Makes: 8 Ragi rotis
For making Dough:
Ragi flour – 3 cups
Grated radish – 1 cup (you could even use grated carrots or grated potatoes instead)
Chopped onion - ½ cup
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – 10 (finely chopped)
Salt – 1½ teaspoons
Yoghurt – ¼ cup
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Water – ¼ - ½ cup (to make dough)
To roll out rotis:
Baking paper – a large square piece
For making rotis:
Oil – 8 - 12 teaspoons
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients (except oil).
- Add the required amount of water and make a dough (should be looser than that normal chappathi dough).
- Make 8 equal sized balls out of the dough.
- Add a few drops of oil to the baking paper and to your hand.
- Take one dough ball and with the help of your palm and finger try spreading out the dough as thinly as you can.
- Carefully flip the baking paper with the spread dough onto a hot flat tawa (with the flattened dough side hitting the tawa.
- Wait until the you see the top surface darkening a bit and lift off the baking paper.
- Repeat the above steps for making the rest of the ragi rotis.
- Toast both sides with a teaspoon of oil or two and serve with peanut chutney/coconut chutney/tomato chutney/coriander chutney.