Instant Curd Vada
Makes: 2 vadas
Salt/sandwich bread – 2
Thick yogurt– 1 cup
Green chilli - 1 small piece
Curry leaves - 5 or 6
Salt – ¼ teaspoon
Kala namak - a pinch
Bhoondi – 2 tablespoons
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
- Grind curry leaves & green chilli coarsely using a mixer grinder (or) pestle and mortar.
- Take the yogurt in a bowl and add the ground mixture, salt, kala namak & mix to a smooth consistency.
- Cut the corners of bread.
- Dip a slice of bread in a bowl of water for a quick second, take it out roll & squeeze it between palms.
- Press to make like a vada and make a hole in the center.
- Make & arrange 2 pieces in a plate.
- Pour the prepared yogurt mixture over the vadas.
- Garnish with bhoondi and coriander leaves.
Garnish with a pinch of chilli powder & bhoondi masala powder.