Makes: 1 cup approx.
Jaggery – 1 cup (powdered)
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Coriander seeds – ½ cup
Ajwain (Omam) – ½ cup
Cumin seeds (Jeeragam) – ¼ cup
Pepper – ¼ cup
Ghee – 3 to 4 teaspoons
Sesame oil – 2 to 3 teaspoons
Honey – 2 teaspoons
- Dry roast coriander seeds, pepper, cumin seeds in medium flame.
- Allow roasted contents to cool and grind to fine powder along with ginger piece.
- Take jaggery in a microwave safe bowl along with ¼ cup of water, heat for 40 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Once the jaggery looks melted, filter it to remove impurities.
- Wash the bowl thoroughly (to remove any impurities left on surface) and pour the filtered jaggery, keep in microwave for a minute on power HIGH.
- Add the ground powder, honey and ghee to it and mix well without lumps.
- Heat again for a minute stirring once in between.
- Add sesame oil to this mixture and mix well.
- When it is completely cool, store it in a clean dry container.
- Always use dry spoon, this will extend shelf life.
- If you feel the mixture is too loose, microwave on high for another minute.