Makes: 4 burgers
Boiled chick peas – 1½ cups
Rolled oats – ¼ cup
Grated carrots – ¼ cup
Grated zucchini – ¼ cup
Garlic - 1 big clove
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Salt - ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Garam masala powder – ¼ teaspoon
Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
Burger buns - 4
Butter – 4 teaspoons
Avocado-mayo – 8 teaspoons
- Add all ingredients mentioned for patties to a food processor and blend to smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add rice flour & mix well.
- Divide into 4 portions & flatten into patties.
- Refrigerate these patties for about an hour.
- Meanwhile cut the buns into halves, butter both sides & toast on a flat pan.
- Shallow fry the patties with one or two tablespoons of oil for each patty.
- Apply a teaspoon of mayo onto the bottom part of toasted bun, add the fried patty, add one slice of cheese, one slice of onion, one slice of tomato & close with the top portion.