Masala Kara Paniyaram
(Using Left over Adai Batter) Makes: 25 paniyarams approx.
Left over adai batter – 1½ cups
Finely chopped Onion – ¼ cup
Grated coconut – ¼ cup
Chopped corriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
Ginger – ½ inch piece (finely chopped)
Cumin powder – ¼ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon
Salt – ¼ teaspoon
Oil – approx. 1 teaspoon per paniyaram
- Add all ingredients (except oil) one by one to the left over adai batter.
- Add little water (approx. ¼ cup) to make a thick flowy batter.
- Heat kuzhi paniyaram plate and add ½ teaspoon of oil for each place.
- Pour a tablespoon of batter in each place and cook closed in low flame for a minute to 2.
- Flip sides, add ½ teaspoon of oil for each paniyaram and fry for another minute.
- A perfect after school snack or to go along with your evening chai/coffee.