Moong Dal Sundal
Moong dal (Pasi Paruppu) – 1 cup
Salt – ¾ teaspoon
Special masala powder – 1 or 2 teaspoons
Coconut – 3 teaspoons (grated)
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Red chillies – 2 (broken in to halves)
Curry leaves – 5
- Allow boiling of moong dal with water levels immersing dal for about 5 to 7 minutes. (Please ensure that the dal is not overcooked as they tend to become smashy then)
- Heat oil in non stick pan, add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
- Add red chillies, curry leaves and hing and fry for a few seconds.
- Add cooked moong dal, special masala powder salt and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.
- Moong dal sundal is ready to serve.