Made with all herbs & spices for the winter coughs & colds...
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Small onions – 1 cup
Garlic cloves – 10 to 15
Salt – 2 ½ teaspoons
Sesame oil – 1 tablespoon
Tamarind – lemon sized ball
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Dry roast & grind to powder:
Omam (Carom seeds) – 2 teaspoon
Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 2 teaspoons
Sitharathai, Arisi thipilli, Sukku, Athimathuram –small quantities of each of these
Red chillies – 3 to 4
- Prepare tamarind extract soaking tamarind in 1 ½ glasses of water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add, mustard seeds & allow spluttering.
- Add garlic cloves & sauté for a minute.
- Add small onions & sauté till they turn transparent.
- Add tamarind extract, salt, turmeric powder & allow boiling until raw smell vanishes.
- Add the ground powder & allow boiling until the kuzambu thickens & oil separates .
- Serve hot with rice.
- A perfect kuzambu when you are having a cold.
- Could be refrigerated & used for a week to 10 days.