Makes: 8 pieces
Maida – 1 ½ cups
Butter – ¼ cup
Yogurt – 1 ½ teaspoons
Oil – 2 to 3 teaspoons
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Cooking soda (Sodium bi carb) – 2 pinches
Water – ¼ cup
Oil – for deep frying
For sugar syrup:
Sugar – ½ cup
Elachi powder – ¼ teaspoon
Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon
- Take sugar, cardamom powder in a deep pan with water levels just immersing the sugar.
- Boil until one string consistency (by dropping with a ladle it forms a string).
- Remove from flame and add lemon juice once cooled.
- To melted butter add oil, sugar, and cooking soda and beat well using a whisk until frothy.
- Add maida to this and mix well without lumps.
- Now add ¼ cup of water and kneed to smooth dough.
- Make 8 equal sized balls out of the dough.
- Click here for Badusha making video.... (You could also make it in traditional doughnut shape)
- Heat oil; add a pinch of dough if that rises immediately it is time to drop badushas.
- Add 4 badushas to oil and remove from flame wait until they rise up.
- Now keep pan again on medium flame to fry them til golden brown (approx 5 mins)
- Once golden brown drain onto paper towels and dip in sugar syrup immediately.
- Arrange in plate and serve.