Makes: approx. 20 cakes
Rava – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Kesari colour – a pinch
Ghee – 5 teaspoons
Cashews – 5 or 6
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee and fry cashews until golden brown and keep aside.
- In rest of the ghee fry the rava until golden brown and keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan add kesari color to water and allow boiling, add roasted rava and mix well without lumps.
- Keep covered for a minute or two allowing rava to cook.
- Once rava is cooked add sugar, mix well without lumps.
- Add ghee and keep stirring until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Garnish with cashews and serve.
Optional: Pour onto plate greased with ghee and cut into cakes.