Oil – for deep frying
For outer covering:
Atta (wheat flour) - 1 ½ cups
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Omam (ajwain) – 1 teaspoon
Water – 1 cup
Moong dal – ¼ cup
Tuar dal – ¼ cup
Channa dal – ¼ cup
Channa - ¼ cup (soaked & boiled)
Salt – 1 ¼ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Coriander seeds – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Soak the 3 dals mentioned for 3 hours.
- Grind it with rest of the ingredients mentioned for filling.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a non-stick kadai.
- Add the ground mixture.
- Fry till it becomes dry (a coarse powder).
- Keep aside & allow cooling.
- Mix all ingredients & add water to make dough. (Similar to chappathi dough)
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Click here for making.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Press each piece between palms (to flatten a bit) & fry in oil till crisp & golden brown.
- Serve hot with mint/imli chutney.