Makes : 4 serves
Raw rice – 1 cup
Salt –3/4 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Chilli powder (or) Sambar Powder – ¾ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
Coconut oil – 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Red chillies – 2
Curry leaves – 10
- Soak rice for 3 or 4 hours.
- Grind to smooth paste with salt.
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a non-stick deep pan.
- Add the ground paste.
- Keep stirring until that turns transparent & into a ball, allow this to cool.
- Mix turmeric powder, hing along with this rice dough and mash nicely with hands.
- Make into tiny balls and arrange in idli plate.
- Steam cook until whistle in idli cooker.
- Add tempering to the steamed balls and mix well.