Tangy Tomato Dal
Makes : 4 serves
Red ripe tomatoes – 3
Tuar dal – ¾ cup
Moong dal – ¼ cup
Red chillies – 3
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Cook dals in pressure cooker with one tomato (roughly chopped), turmeric powder, and 1 red chilli (broken into half).
- Mash the cooked dals nicely once cool.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, 2 red chillies (broken into halves) and allow spluttering.
- Add the remaining chopped tomatoes, chilli powder and salt, sauté until tomatoes melt.
- Add cooked dal and allow boiling for 5 more minutes.
- Switch off flame and add lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.