Makes : 4 serves
Vermicelli – 1 cup
Milk - 2 ½ cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Cardamom powder – ¼ teaspoon
Cashews – 5 to 6 (broken into small pieces)
Ghee – 2 teaspoons
Marie biscuits - 2
- Heat a teaspoon of oil and roast the vermicelli till golden brown.
- Add the milk onto the roasted vermicelli.
- Keep stirring occasionally in low flame until vermicelli looks cooked ( 5 to 8 minutes).
- Add sugar, mix well and allow boiling for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Chirp the biscuits in mixie & add to the payasam along with cardamom powder, allow boiling for last 2 minutes. (This gives the payasam a good consistency)
- Heat the remaining spoon of ghee and add the broken cashews & fry till golden brown.
- Add the fried cashews as garnishing & serve hot or chilled.