Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Pepper - 4 teaspoons
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Tuar dal - 2 teaspoons
Urad dal - 1 teaspoon
Channa dal - 1 teaspoon
Hing - a pinch
Tamarind - small lemon sized ball (seedless)
Salt - 2 teaspoons
Curry leaves - 10-15
Red chillies - 2- 3
Corriander seeds - 1 teaspoon
Gingerly oil - 5 teaspoons
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Roast all ingredients other than tamarind, salt & hing in 1 teaspoon of gingerly oil.
- Allow the roasted mixture to cool.
- Grind the mixture with tamarind & hing to fine paste with sufficient water.
- Dilute the paste with 1 & 1/2 cups of water.
- Heat tawa, heat remaining oil, add mustard seeds & allow to splutter.
- Add the diluted mixture.
- Allow to boil till oil separates.
- Garnish with few curry leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.