Makes: 8 parathas approx.
Cauliflower – ½ a flower
Onion – 1
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
For outer cover:
Atta (wheat flour) – 8 tablespoons
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Water – ¾ cup
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Corriander powder – 2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai.
- Add cumin seeds fry for ½ a minute.
- Add finely chopped onions, salt & all powders, fry till onions turn transparent.
- Grind the cauliflower florets in mixie. (Should look minced)
- Add the ground cauliflower & sauté till the contents blend well.
- Make eight balls once cooled.
- Kneed the atta with salt & water.
- Make eight equal sized balls.
- Roll the balls & keep the filling into it.
- Roll into thick parathas. (Filling technique same as aloo parathas...)
- Toast on tawa both sides with a teaspoon of oil.