Makes: 12 to 14 balls
Cabbage – 1 cup (finely chopped)
Gram flour (Besan) – ½ cup
Rice flour – ¼ cup
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
Salt - ½ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Kasuri methi – 1 teaspoon
Water – between ¼ to ½ cup approx.
Oil – for deep frying
- Add finely chopped cabbage to a bowl, add gram flour & rice flour.
- Add chilli powder, hing, turmeric powder & salt, chopped coriander leaves & kasuri methi, mix well.
- Keep closed with a plate & let this rest for 10 mins.
- Add 1 teaspoon of hot oil to the mixture, combine well.
- Add water little by little & mix in to form the mixture.
- Make balls (without applying too much force) & deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketch up, green chutney or tamarind chutney.