Makes : 4 serves
Soya chunks – 2½ cups
Onion – 1 big
Tomato – 1 big or 2 small
Green Capsicum – 1 medium sized
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Oil – 3 teaspoons
Yoghurt – 1 tablespoon
Kasoori methi – 1 teaspoon (finely crushed)
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1 teaspoon
For Masala Powder:
Coriander seeds – 1 ½ teaspoons
Red chillies – 2
Cumin seeds – 1 ½ teaspoons
Pepper – ½ teaspoon
Cinnamon – 1 small piece
Cloves - 2
- Dry roast all ingredients mentioned for masala powder and grind to coarse powder once cooled.
- Chop all veges into cubes.
- Immerse soya chunks in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Run the chunks through cold water and squeeze out excess water by pressing chunks between palms.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a kadai or dosa tawa and add the soya chunks, fry till golden brown in low flame. (Ensure soya chunks are dry without water content)
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a kadai add cubed capsicum, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onions,turmeric powder and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add yoghurt and saute for a minute.
- Add fried soya chunks & ground masala powder to the cooked mixture, mix well and leave for a minute. (Ensure the soya chunks and the veges are coated well with the masala)
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and kasoori methi.
- Serve hot with rotis.