Instant Idli batter Dhokla
Makes: 6 pieces
Left over idli batter – 1 cup
Yogurt– 1 tablespoon
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Salt – a pinch
Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Curry leaves – 10 leaves
Green chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 1 teaspoon (finely chopped)
- In a bowl add all ingredients one by one & mix well using a whisk.
- Grease a microwave-safe bowl (flat base) with 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Add baking soda just before pouring onto the greased plate & mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the greased bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Allow a standing time of 3 minutes, take out from microwave & allow to cool.
- Chop off the corners & cut into 6 or 9 portions.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil, add mustard seeds & allow spluttering.
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves & green chillies.
- Add tempering to the cut dhokla pieces & serve with mint chutney/tomato sauce.