Creamy Cheese Pasta
Makes : 4 serves
Pasta – 2 cups (any type)
Onion – 1 (preferably white onions)
Garlic - 1 big or 2 small clove
Oregano - ¾ teaspoons
Cream cheese – 1 tablespoon
Thickened cream – 1 tablespoon
Olive oil – 2 teaspoons
Pepper – freshly crushed on top
- Fine chop the onions & garlic.
- Put the pasta to boil with enough water in a rice cooker/thick bottomed vessel.
- Once boiled run cold water through the pasta in a strainer. (This helps pieces to be separated)
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick kadai.
- Add fine chopped garlic & fry till golden brown.
- Add oregano & onions & sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, leaving the onion crunchy.
- Add this mixture, thickened cream & cream cheese to pasta in a large bowl.
- Mix well, crush some fresh pepper on top with a pepper crusher or can add pepper powder. (Use freshly crushed pepper since it imparts a good flavour)