Makes: 4 serves
Channa dal – ½ cup
Tuar dal – ½ cup
Red chillies – 4 to 5
Salt – 1½ teaspoons
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Curry leaves – 10
Beans - 150 gms to 200 grams
Oil – 3 tablespoons
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Soak the dals for 2-3 hours.
- Grind soaked dals with salt, hing, turmeric powder & curry leaves to a coarse paste.
- Transfer contents to a microwave safe container and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.(Alternatively the coarse paste could be steamed in idli plates)
- While the coarse paste cooks in microwave, cook chopped beans on stove top with enough water until tender. Drain excess water and keep aside.
- Remove contents from microwave, cut into small cakes & allow to cool completely.
- Once the cake is completely cooled cut it into small pieces.
- Chirp the chopped cake pieces a few times in mixer grinder. (The end product will be like a coarse powder).
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add mustard seeds allow spluttering.
- Add the coarse powder, fry in low flame until light golden brown, and keep stirring occasionally. (approx 2 to 3 minutes)
- Add the cooked beans & fry for an additional minute or 2.
- Serve hot with rice & ghee, traditionally served with More Kuzambu.
- Beans can be substituted with carrot/cabbage.