Channa Dal Sundal
Channa dal – 1 cup
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Special masala powder – 2 teaspoons
Coconut – 2 teaspoons (grated)
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
Curry leaves – 5 or 6
Red chillies – 2 (broken into halves)
- Soak channa dal for 3 or 4 hours.
- Pressure cook with enough water for 2 whistles.
- Allow cooling. Transfer contents to a sieve.
- Run through cool water. (This helps the dal pieces to separate)
- Heat oil in a deep thick pan.
- Add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
- Add the rest of the items mentioned under seasoning.
- Add the cooked channa dal & salt.
- Add the special masala powder & grated coconut.
- Sauté for a minute & serve hot.