Makes: 15 vadas approx.
Channa dal – ¾ cup
Tuar dal – ¼ cup
Rice flour – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1 flat teaspoon
Curry leaves – 5 or 6 (chopped)
Red chillies – 2 or 3
Oil – for deep frying
- Soak channa dal & tuar dal for 3 to 4 hours (if in hurry soak in hot water for an hour).
- Drain excess water and take a handful of dal and keep aside and grind the remaining dal in mixer grinder without water coarsely.
- Chirp the handful of dal just once or twice in mixer grinder and add to the ground dal mixture.
- Add to this curry leaves, salt, rice four & mix well.
- Make lemon sized balls and flatten between palms – arrange these in a plate.
- Drop in hot oil and fry until golden brown.