Cheesy Garlic Bread
Makes: 4 triangular pieces
Bread slices – 2
Garlic – 2 big cloves
Softened Butter – 2 + 2 teaspoons
Grated Mozzarella Cheese – 4 tablespoons
Italian herbs – ¼ teaspoon
Dried parsley– ¼ teaspoon
Chilli flakes – ¼ teaspoon (to sprinkle on top)
- Peel skin of garlic cloves and grate using a microplane.
- Add this to butter along with dried parsley and Italian herbs and mix well.
- Apply the prepared garlic butter mixture onto one side of the bread pieces.
- Place the bread on a hot flat pan with the buttered side in contact with the pan, toast for ½ a minute (During this time apply a teaspoon of butter on the top side of the bread)
- Flip sides and add a tablespoon of grated cheese on top.
- Garnish with a pinch or two of chilli flakes.
- Toast for ½ a minute (you might notice the cheese melted on top).
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Alternatively you could keep the bread pieces in a preheated oven (for 5 minutes at 180⁰C) for 4 to 5 minutes approx. – that is until you can see the cheese melted on top .