Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Pumpkin, Yellow pumpkin, Potato, Carrot, broad beans, Colacasia, Broken beans - 1 bowl
Tuar dal - 1 cup
Turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
Dried red chilli - 3
Tamarind - lemon sized ball
Salt - 2 teaspoons
Mustard - ½ teaspoon
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Methi Seeds - ½ teaspoon
Asafoetida powder - a pinch
Roast and Grind to paste:
Chana dal - 4 teaspoons
Coriander seeds - 3 teaspoons
Curry leaves - 5 or 6
Grated coconut - 5 or 6 teaspoons
- Cut all the vegetables into big cubes.
- Add turmeric powder to tuar dal & pressure cook for a 3 to 4 whistles.
- Heat oil in pan; add red chillies, coriander seeds, channa dal, grated coconut, curry leaves and fry till golden brown.
- Grind it coarsely in mixie with water.
- Add water to tamarind and prepare extract.
- In a frying pan, add salt to the tamarind extract and boil.
- When the tamarind extract boils, add the vegetables.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the ground paste & cooked tuar dal and boil for 5 mins.
- Add tempering and serve hot with Thiruvadirai Kali.