Makes: 12 Parathas
Shredded Cabbage – 2 cups (1/8 of a whole cabbage approx.)
Whole wheat flour (Atta) – 2 cups
Salt – 2 flat teaspoons
Sambar powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Curry leaves - 10 to 15 (finely chopped)
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Carom seeds (Omam/Ajwain) – 1 teaspoon
Water - between ½ & ¾ cup approx
Oil - 13 teaspoons
- Cut cabbage into fairly big pieces, using a food processor or mixer grinder shred finely.
- That would yield 2 cups of chopped cabbage approximately.
- In a large bowl combine whole wheat flour, shredded cabbage, salt, sambar powder, garam masala powder, salt chopped corriander and curry leaves, carom seeds and cumin seeds.
- Combine well and keep closed for about 30 minutes.
- Add water little by little to form a smooth dough.
- Add a teaspoon of oil and coat the dough, rest for 15 mins.
- Make 12 equal sized balls and rest again for 5 to 10 mins.
- Roll out a little thicker than normal chapattis.
- Toast in a flat pan with 1 teaspoon of oil for each paratha.
- Serve hot with raitha/pickle.