4 Ingredient Energy Bar
Makes: 12 to 16 pieces
Mixed nuts of your choice – 1 cup (I used walnuts & almonds)
Pitted dates – 1 cup (12 pieces approx)(preferably Medjool dates)
Dry fruits of your choice – ¼ cup (I used raisins)
Chia seeds – 1 tablespoon
Milk - 1 tablespoon
- Add the mixed nuts to the food processor and give a few quick chirps.
- Add dates, raisins & chia seeds and quickly chirp a couple of times & then run the food processor for two 30 second runs.
- Add a tablespoon of water or milk.
- Run the processor continuously for a minute or 2 until the contents forms a ball.
- Grease a baking paper, spread oil in both palms and place the ground mixture on the greased baking paper cover with another greased baking paper and flatten.
- Cut into desired shapes with a greased knife and chill for at least an hour or preferably overnight.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Can last from 10 days to 2 weeks.
Note: I used walnuts & almonds, however choice of nuts is completely up to the makers cashews, pine nuts etc could also be added. Same goes with dried fruits - any dried fruits like dried cranberries could be added too.