Corn on Toast
Makes: 2 servings
Boiled Corn kernels – 1½ cups
Garlic – 2 small or 1 big clove (grated)
Maida (Plain flour) - 1 tablespoon
Green chillies – 1 (finely chopped)
Salt - ½ teaspoon
Butter - 1 teaspoon
Milk – 1 cup
Water - ¼ cup
Mixed Italian herbs – ¼ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 1 teaspoon (finely chopped)
Dried parsley - ½ teaspoon
Grated cheese - 1 tablespoon
For the Toast:
Bread - 2 slices
- Heat butter in a flat pan, add chopped garlic, green chillies & fry for few seconds.
- Add maida and fry for a few seconds (until slightly golden brown).
- Add milk & stir in contents without lumps.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add the boiled corn kernels, salt, mixed Italian herbs, dried parsley & mix in well.
- Add grated cheese, mix well and allow to cook for a few seconds.
- Garnish with chopped corriander leaves & serve on toasted bread slices.