Makes: 10 - 12 pieces approx.
Maida aka Plain flour – 2 cups
Milk – 4 cups
Sugar – ¾ cup
Saffron powder - a pinch
Condensed milk - 1 tin
Cardamom powder – ¾ teaspoon
Oil – to deep fry pooris
Ghee – 2 teaspoons
Cashews – 5 (broken to small pieces)
- Add water to maida to make smooth dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough and keep aside.
- Boil milk in a thick-bottomed pan/vessel.
- When milk has reduced in volume a little, add sugar, condensed milk, saffron powder & cardamom powder, mix well.
- Allow boiling for 2 more minutes and keep aside for cooling.
- Heat oil in a deep kadai.
- Roll the small dough balls into pooris & fry in hot oil.
- Dip the pooris in saffron milk for 2 or 3 mins and arrange in a plate.
- Add the remaining saffron milk on top of arranged pooris.
Suggestion: Keep in freezer compartment for about 15 minutes before serving.