Brinjal Stuffed Fry
Makes : 2 serves
Brinjal (Kathirikkai) – 8 small ones
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Roast & grind:
Channa dal - 1 tablespoon
Coriander seeds - ½ tablespoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Sesame seeds - 1 teaspoon
Red chillies - 2
Desiccated coconut - 1 tablespoon
To make paste:
Water - ¼ cup
For Shallow Frying:
Oil – ¼ cup
- Wash brinjals & pat them dry with paper towel.
- Slit the brinjal as shown in the video.
- Roast the ingredients mentioned in low flame to golden brown, allow this mixture to cool.
- Grind to powder, add water & salt to make a paste.
- Fill this mixture into the
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Arrange the stuffed pieces.
- Cook giving a quarter turn in intervals till golden brown.
- Drain onto a paper towel & serve hot with rice or roti.