Makes: 16 idlis
Semiya – 2 cups
Wheat Rava - 1 cup
Curd - 2 cups
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoons
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Channa dal - 1 teaspoon
Urad dal - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves- 4-5 (chopped)
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Sesame seed oil - 2 teaspoons
- Roast semiya and wheat rava separately.
- Once rava cooled, chirp in mixie for a few times to finer particles.
- Mix together semiya, broken wheat rava, baking soda and salt.
- Add curd to this & mix well to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in & add the ingredients mentioned under seasoning.
- Add the seasoning onto the batter and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grease idli plates with sesame oil and fill ¾ of each space with the batter.
- Steam until whistling in an idli cooker.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney/onion-tomato chutney.