Makes: 10 to 12 parathas
Broccoli – 1 whole flower
Atta (wheat flour) – 2 cups
Ginger - ½ inch piece (grated)
Garlic - 1 big clove (grated)
Salt - 1¼ teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Oil (or) Ghee - 10 to 12 teaspoons
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and give a thorough rinse under the tap.
- Add the broccoli flowers to boiling water and allow boiling for 2 minutes. (This step is to get the lovely green color of the broccoli).
- Drain water and allow the broccoli flowers to cool down.
- Grind to coarse paste using a few handful sprinkles of water in a food processor or mixer grinder.
- Add the ground broccoli paste to atta along with salt, cumin seeds, grated ginger & garlic and the powders mentioned to make like chappathi dough. (add a 2 to 3 handful sprinkles of water as required)
- Let this dough rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Make 10 to 12 equal sized balls.
- Roll out like regular rotis, toast on tawa with 1 teaspoon of oil/ghee per roti (you could also use ½ teaspoon of oil + ½ teaspoon of ghee)
- Enjoy with your favorite pickle and yogurt.