Raw Banana Curry
Makes : 4 serves
Raw banana – 1
Ginger – one inch piece (chopped finely)
Curry leaves – 10
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
Coconut oil – 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Green chillies – 2 (broken into halves)
- Cut raw banana into big cubes.
- Boil till just cooked in a deep pan with just enough water immersing raw banana.
- Drain excess water from cooked raw banana and keep aside.
- In a non stick pan heat coconut oil, add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
- Add curry leaves and finely chopped ginger, green chillies, fry for a minute.
- Add cooked raw banana cubes along with salt and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- I have added 1 teaspoon of special masala powder to enhance flavor.