Makes : 4 serves
Cabbage – ½ kg
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 5
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Special masala powder – 2 teaspoons
Coconut - 3 teaspoons (grated)
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds & allow spluttering.
- Add hing, turmeric powder, curry leaves & chopped cabbage.
- Add salt & keep closed with a lid, stirring on & off.
- Once the vegetable is cooked fully, add special masala powder & grated coconut.
- Add cooked tuar dal & mix well.
- Serve with rice & rasam/sambar.