Makes: 9 to 10 parathas
Grated carrot – 1½ cups (2 big carrots approx)
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Salt – 1¼ teaspoon
Grated ginger - ½ teaspoon
Curry leaves - 10
Corriander leaves - 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Carom seeds (Ajwain/Omam) – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Oil - 1 teaspoon (to coat the dough during resting time)
Oil (or) Ghee - 9 teaspoons (for toasting parathas)
- Add in grated carrots & wheat flour to a big bowl.
- Add in all ingredients one by one except oil & make dough.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to coat the dough & let this rest for 20 to 30 mins.
- Make 9 to 10 equal balls, roll to parathas.
- Toast parathas on tawa with a teaspoon of oil/ghee for each paratha.
- Serve hot with pickle/butter/raitha.