Makes: 4 servings
Ginger – 50 gms (2 inch piece)
Cooked tuar dal – 1 tablespoon (big scoop)
Tomato – 2 (finely chopped)
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Turmeric Powder - ¼ teaspoon
Rasam powder – 2 teaspoons
Hing - ¼ teaspoon
Curry Leaves – 10 leaves
Lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
Coriander Leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Clean and peel skin of ginger piece.
- Cut ginger into small pieces and grind in mixer grinder with little water.
- Strain with a filter the ginger extract and keep aside.
- In a vessel add 2 cups of water along with finely chopped tomatoes, curry leaves, hing, rasam powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Allow boiling until raw smell vanishes.
- Mash cooked tuar dal and dilute with 2 cups of water.
- Add dal water & ginger extract prepared to boiling rasam and allow boiling for 3 – 5 minutes. (can see bubbles on top)
- Heat ghee, add mustard seeds allowing spluttering.
- Add tempering & chopped coriander leaves to the rasam.