Cucumber Tamatar Subzi
Makes : 2 serves
Cucumber – 2 medium sized
Onion – 1 small
Tomato – 1 medium sized
Mint leaves – 10 (optional)
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Corriander leaves – 1 teaspoon (finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – ¾ teaspoon
Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Chop all veges to small cubes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai and add cumin seeds, fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell vanishes.
- Add onions and all powders mentioned, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato pieces and salt (mint leaves if using), saute until oil separates.
- Add cucumber cubes along with ½ cup of water.
- Cook closed for 5 to 7 mins until the cucumber pieces look cooked. (They would look transparent)
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.