Makes: 14 pieces
Rice flour – ¼ cup
Wheat flour - ¼ cup
Jaggery – ½ cup
Elaichi powder – ¼ teaspoon
Grated coconut - ¼ cup (loosely packed)
Salt - a pinch
Water - ¼ to ½ cup
Baking soda - ¼ teaspoon
Ghee - 7 to 10 teaspoons
- To a big bowl add in rice flour, wheat flour, rava, powdered jaggery elaichi powder & grated coconut, mix well without lumps.
- Add water little by little to make like an idli batter (batter to be thick but pourable).
- Heat kuzhi paniyaram plate.
- Add the baking soda & mix well just before pouring the batter onto the plate.
- Add ½ teaspoon of ghee to each kuzhi (hole).
- Pour batter onto each space, keep closed for a minute or two in low flame.
- Turn around and cook for a minute or two again.