Keerai masiyal (spinach)
Makes : 2 to 3 serves
Keerai (Spinach leaves) – 1 bunch
Coconut – 2 teaspoons
Cooked Tuar dal – 1 tablespoon
Oil – ½ teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Red chilli – 1
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Wash spinach leaves thoroughly. (To avoid fine mud)
- Heat a non-stick kadai & add spinach leaves.
- Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. (No need to add water as the water content in itself helps it to cook)
- Keep aside & allow cooling.
- Grind together cooked spinach leaves, coconut, cumin seeds & cooked tuar dal to paste.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai.
- Add mustard seeds & allow spluttering.
- Break red chilli into half & add.
- Add the ground paste, salt & sauté for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.