Makes: 4 of each type
Carrot, Cheese and Masala Idlis:
Idli batter - 12 tablespoons
Sesame oil - 2 teaspoons
For Masala Idlis:
For Cheese Idlis:
Cheese – ½ cup (grated)
For Carrot Idlis:
Carrot - 1 small (grated)
salt - a pinch
- Mash the pototo curry without lumps.
- Miix together grated carrot & salt.
- Grease idli plates with a drop of two of sesame oil for each space.
- Fill half of idli plate.
- Spread the potato masala,grated cheese & grated carrot on half filled idli plates.
- Fill with idli batter on top of the spread carrot, masala & cheese.
- Steam the idlis in an idli cooker till whistle. (If using pressure cooker allow steaming for 15 minutes in low flame without the weight)
- Cut into halves and could be served even as starters.
Cheese idli's - can be served with tomato sauce, kids would love it.
Carrot and Masala Idlis - could be served with mint chutney.