Capsicum Sesame Subzi
Makes: 2 to 3 serves
Red capsicum – 1 big (chopped into squares)
Green capsicum – 1 big (chopped into squares)
Salt – 1 teaspoon Oil – 2 tablespoons (for subzi) + 1 teaspoon (for frying onions)
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – ¾ teaspoon
Corriander powder – 1½ teaspoons
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Chopped Onion – ½ cup
Sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
Roasted peanuts – ¼ cup
Fennel seeds – ½ teaspoon
Corriander leaves – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- Dry roast sesame seeds until they crackle and keep aside.
- In the same pan fry chopped onions in a teaspoon of oil until golden brown and keep aside.
- Grind the roasted sesame seeds and browned onions along with peanuts and fennel seeds to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil (for subzi) and add cumin seeds.
- Once they crackle add the cubed red and green capsicum pieces, add the powders mentioned and salt.
- Mix well and allow to cook for a minute or 2.
- Add the ground paste, mix well and fry for a few seconds.
- Add ½ cup of water, mix well and allow boiling for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped corriander leaves and serve hot with roti/rice.