Makes: 2 to 4 servings
Left over idli batter – 1 cup
Left over rice – 1 cup
Rice flour - 2 tablespoons
Salt – ½ teaspoon (as idli batter already holds salt in it)
Onion – 1 small sized (finely chopped)
Corriander leaves - 1 teaspoon (finely chopped)
Curry leaves - 10
Green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
Pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Beat the idli batter and rice together in mixie.
- Add to this ground mixture finely chopped onions, crushed pepper, finely chopped green chillies & salt.
- Ensure the contents are mixed well.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Drop small pieces roughly onto hot oil & fry till golden brown.
- Could be served with coconut chutney/onion-tomato chutney/tomato sauce.
- Could be served as an evening snack, kids would love it after school.
- Make one serving without green chillies & keep aside for kids.