Homemade Rava Upma Mix
Makes: 6 serves
Rava – 2½ cups
Salt – 2½ teaspoons
Oil – 2 tbsp + Ghee – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 2 teaspoons
Cumin seeds – 2 teaspoons
Hing – ½ teaspoon
Urad dal – 2 teaspoons
Channa dal – 2 teaspoons
Green chillies – 6 (chopped into halves)
Ginger – 1-inch piece (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – 25 (chopped)
- Dry roast rava in a flat pan until golden brown and allow to cool down.
- Heat oil+ghee in a flat pan.
- Add one by one items mentioned under tempering.
- Fry until dals turn golden brown.
- Allow the tempering to cool down.
- Add the tempering along with salt to the roasted rava and combine well without lumps.
- Store this mixture in an airtight container to make quick upma when required.
To make Microwave mug upma:
Homemade instant rava upma mix – ½ cup
Hot Water – 1 cup
Chopped corriander leaves – 1 teaspoon (to garnish)
- In a microwave safe mug add upma and hot water.
- Keep closed for a minute or two.
- Microwave this mixture for a minute after the resting time.
- Instant upma ready!!!