Makes : 4 serves
Mushrooms – 250 gms approx. (chopped into quarters)
Onion – 1 big (finely chopped)
Tomato – 1 big (finely chopped)
Fresh (or) Frozen methi – ½ cup
Thick yoghurt – ½ cup
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Garlic – 1 clove
Ginger – one inch piece
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai and add cumin seeds – fry till golden brown.
- Add the coarsely ground mixture and fry till golden brown.
- Add chopped onions and turmeric powder and fry till onions are golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt and sauté for few minutes until tomatoes are mushy and oil separates from mixture.
- Add methi leaves and yoghurt sauté for 2 more minutes (mixture would look oily)
- Now add chopped mushrooms and ½ cup of water, cook keeping closed sauté in intervals until mushrooms appear cooked (they would look shrunk than the original chopped size)
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti’s or rice.