Paneer stuffed buns
Makes: 4 buns
Plain flour(Maida) – 1½ cups
Instant dried yeast – 1 tablespoon
Sugar – 2 teaspoons
Salt – ¾ teaspoon
Warm Milk – ¼ cup
Warm water – ¼ to ½ cup approx
Olive oil – 1/3 cup
Butter/Olive oil – a few teaspoons (for brushing)
Left over kadai paneer – 1 bowl
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk along with sugar.
- Keep closed in a warm place for about 5 mins (the mixture would have turned frothy).
- Take flour in a large bowl, add salt & mix well.
- Make like a well in the center and add the frothed yeast mix, knead to smooth dough.
- Cover this and keep aside for 1 to 1½ hours in a warm dry place. (The dough would have doubled in volume)
- Knock the dough in and knead again and divide into 6 equal portions.
- Take one ball, flatten and add stuffing to the center, seal completely to form a ball.
- Slightly flatten between palms. (Ensure filling does not ooze out)
- Repeat the same for the rest of the buns and arrange in a baking tray lined with baking paper leaving enough space in between the buns.
- Let this arranged plate rest for about 5 mins, meanwhile preheat oven at 200 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven brush on top with butter and serve hot as a tea time snack.