Makes : 4 serves
Oats – 1 ½ cups
Water – ½ cup
Onion – 1 (small)
Carrot, Potato, Beans, Green Peas – 1 cup
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Garlic – 1 clove
Green chillies – 3
Curry leaves - 10
- Finely chop all the vegetables.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds & allow spluttering.
- Add the coarsely ground paste & sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped onions & sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables & add ¼ glass of water, salt, turmeric powder.
- Cook this until veges become soft (cooked) & add oats.
- Sprinkle a handful water, cook closed for a minute, repeat the same for 2 or 3 times until you can see oats cooked (turns transparent from its white color).
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with coconut chutney.