Makes: 2 serves
Cauliflower – 2 cups (cut into small flowers)
Cooked rice – 2 cups
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Salt – ¾ teaspoon
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Fennel seeds – ½ teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Bay leaf – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cloves – 3
Curry leaves – 10 leaves
Coriander leaves - 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
- Heat oil in a non- stick pan, add items mentioned under tempering and fry till golden brown.
- Now add the cauliflower florets, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt.
- Sprinkle a handful of water & cook keeping closed for a couple of minutes stirring once in between.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes in an open pan (until golden brown).
- Add cooked rice and mix well and serve hot.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot.