Mint leaves – 1 cup (loosely packed)
Curry leaves – 1 cup (loosely packed)
Coriander leaves - 1 cup (loosely packed)
Channa dal – ¼ cup
Urad dal – ¼ cup
Sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
Coriander seeds – ½ tablespoon
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoons
Red chillies - 2
Pepper – ¾ teaspoon
Salt - 1½ teaspoons
Hing - ¼ teaspoon
Oil – 1½ teaspoons
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a wide flat pan & fry channa dal and urad dal to golden brown & keep aside.
- In the same add the remaining ½ teaspoon of oil and add corriander seeds, red chillies, cumin seeds and pepper, fry for a few seconds (red chillies will puff up) and keep aside.
- In the same add sesame seeds and fry for a few seconds (until they splutter)
- Allow all the roasted ingredients to cool down completely.
- Grind the roasted greens coarsely and keep aside.
- Grind the rest of the roasted ingredients after adding salt & hing to a slightly coarse texture.
- Add the coarsely ground greens powder & chirp in mixer grinder 2 or 3 times for both the powders to combine well.
- Can be stored in a dry air-tight container upto a week in refrigerator.
- Could be mixed with sesame oil & had as an accompaniment for idlis/dosas or used to make greens podi rice.